Instructions on how to build your own Model 3 Clamp for the rear-view camera screen
Time Required: ~10 minutes
- access to a laser cutter
- 1/4'' acrylic (or any other 1/4'' thick laser cuttable material)
- ~12'' of 30 gauge wire (Amazon Link)
- 1 stylus replacement rubber tip (Amazon Link)
- 10mm cloth tape cut to 96mm length (Amazon Link)
- 2 10mm Chicago screws (Amazon Link)
Download the design files and use a laser cutter to cut them out of 1/4'' acrylic.
Stack two of the acrylic pieces on top of each other. Pass the 10mm Chicago screws through the holes. Wrap one end of the 30 gauge wire around the small protruding plastic arm and hold in place with the rubber stylus tip. Bunch up the remaining wire in the upper slot so that your assembly looks like this:
Fasten the remaining acrylic piece on top of the other two using the 10mm Chicago screws. Shove any excess wire inside of the upper cavity. Cut your tape to 96mm.
Tape the wire gutter closed using the pre-cut fabric tape. This is your finished product:
Don't have access to a laser cutter or want to just buy the finished product?